TOYOTA TO UNVEIL GR HV SPORTS CONCEPT AND TJ CRUISER AT TOKYO MOTOR SHOW 2017
- Presenting a new way of enjoying cars, Toyota to unveil GR HV Sports concept
- Toyota Tj Cruiser – Birth of a new van and fusion genre
- Crown Concept vehicle to be showcased at Tokyo Motor Show
- 3rd generation of Toyota Century luxury limousine to make its debut
The Toyota GR HV Sports concept car will make its worldwide premiere at the 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017*, taking place from October 25 to November 5 at Tokyo Big Sight.
The GR HV Sports concept represents a new way to enjoy cars by integrating the thrill of a sports car with the environmental friendliness of an eco-car.
- The design takes cues from Totora Gazoo Racing’s TS050 Hybrid racing car that competes in the World Endurance Championship (WEC).
- Features a targa top that was also used for Toyota’s legendary convertible sports cars, the Toyota Sports 800 (a.k.a. Yotahachi) and the Supra.
- Powered by THS-R (Toyota Hybrid System-Racing) technology refined by the TS050 Hybrid.
The GR HV Sports concept features LED headlights, aluminium wheels, and a rear diffuser similar to the TS050 Hybrid. The design evokes Toyota’s bond with motor sports. The matte black body colour expresses power and a purposeful stance.
A selection switch to choose the automatic gear position is located in the centre cluster to achieve a racing car-like ambience. The push button ignition switch is located on the shift knob.
Enjoyment of Control
The performance of the THS-R offers genuine sports car thrills, while drivers will experience a sense of freedom thanks to the targa top.
Switching to manual mode is possible with the single press of a button, and six-speed manual-style driving with H-pattern shifting can be enjoyed (the car is an automatic).
The hybrid battery is mounted near the centre of vehicle, contributing to improved performance as a sports car.
A gallery of high-resolution GR HV Sports concept pictures can be
|GR HV Sports concept||4,395||1805||1,280||Front engine, rear-wheel-drive||2|