In August 2020, PEUGEOT posted an exceptional performance over the month and is the leading manufacturer in the car + LCV market with a gain of 2.4 points in market share compared with 2019, in a market that nevertheless fell by 16.8%.
Over the same period in the passenger car market, the brand is also the leader in sales to individuals.
On the BtoB channel, PEUGEOT is the leader in PCs for the first eight months of the year.
This remarkable performance is mainly due to the successful launches of the new Peugeot 208 and Peugeot 2008, which were very well received by customers. The success of the electric versions continues to contribute to this excellent performance, making the new Peugeot 208 the best-selling car in France.
Eight months in total 2020 :PEUGEOT has two vehicles in the top five best-selling private cars in France :
– The new PEUGEOT 208 is in the lead with a market share of 5.5%,
– The new PEUGEOT 2008 is in third place with a market share of 3.9%.
Six vehicles are leaders in their segment :
– The new PEUGEOT 208 in the B segment with a 5.5% market share.
– The PEUGEOT 3008 with a 2.7% market share in the C-SUV segment
– The PEUGEOT 2008 in the B-SUV segment with a market share of 3.9%,
– The PEUGEOT 308 with a market share of 2.1% in segment C,
– The PEUGEOT 5008 in the C-SUV 7-seater segment with a market share of 1.2%,
– The PEUGEOT 508, with a market share of 0.6%, in the D segment station wagons.
In a passenger car market that declined by 32%, PEUGEOT had a market share of 18%, up 0.6 points compared with the same period in the previous year.
In a LCV market down 24.8%, PEUGEOT has a market share of 16.8%.
In a PC+LCV market down 30.7%, PEUGEOT has a market share of 17.8%, up 0.4 points compared with 2019.